In Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences, Research and Publication Ethics are complied with, and for the articles to be sent to be evaluated for publication, Ethics Committee Approval must be obtained and must be documented by indicating in the article. This document should include information such as the name of the board, date, and issue number. This information should be included in the method section and the last page of the article. In scientific studies including the following issues, documents showing the permission of the ethics committee should be submitted to the journal and necessary information should be provided in the article;
- The use of humans and animals in experimental or other scientific studies
- Clinical studies on humans, clinical studies on animals, retrospective studies in accordance with the law on protection of personal data
- Questionnaires, interviews, focus group studies, observations, experiments and interviews, any work carried out with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using techniques are required ethics committee approval.
In addition, information regarding the signature of consent document in case reports should be included in the article. To use content such as photographs, scales, and surveys that do not belong to the authors of the article, permission should be obtained from the owners of these contents and should be specified in the article.
In case of use of intellectual and artistic works, it is obligatory to comply with the copyright regulations. Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences, which is an official registered member of the “International Publication Ethics Committee (COPE)”, can only publish original works that are the product of a new solution approach or give a new perspective to existing information. agrees to.
A study sent to the journal should not been published in another journal in any language and should not be evaluated on another platform. All articles should be prepared in accordance with the general ethical rules specified by COPE. Based on the propositions made by COPE and general publication requirements, Authors, Reviewers and Editors must adhere to the given international standards. Some important points are mentioned below:
Editorial definitions and responsibilities:
Ethical Principles for Reviewers
- In the desicion proccess, he/she considers about the original value of the articles and pays attention to their contribution to the relevant readership. Editor provides appropriate feedback, taking into account the feedback of its readership.
- In positive or negative decisions, he/she considers the original value, the contribution to the relevant research area, the reliability and validity of the method, and takes care that the expression is clear and appropriate to the journal's purpose and scope. He/She observes compliance with broadcasting policies and international standards.
- Editor fully complies with ethical rules and observes intellectual property rights.
- He/She Pays attention to freedom of thought.
- Strives to bring the journal to a better point and to ensure that the studies to be published are of higher quality.
- Behaves transparently when corrections and explanations need to be made.
- Pre-evaluates the articles within the scope of the journal, unless there is a significant problem.
- It does not ignore the positive referee evaluations if there is no significant problem in the study.
- It prevents problems that may occur during the closed inspection process.
- Selects according to the subject in the appointment of referees related to the work.
- Provides and guides the information needed by the referees.
- Takes action to avoid conflict of interest between the referee and the author.
- Keeps the identity information of referees and authors confidential.
- Enables the referees to evaluate the articles in an objective manner in the context of impartiality and scientificity.
- Ensures that referee pools are constantly updated and are large.
- Does not allow evaluations that do not fit in courtesy and lack scientific quality.
- Guides all members of the editorial board about the continuation of the processes in line with the broadcasting policies and directives, informs about the editorial policy and shares the developments.
- Directs the editorial board for the independent and impartial evaluation of the articles.
- Communicates effectively with those involved in the entire broadcast process, holds meetings with editorial board members at specific times.
- Works with editorial board members who have the appropriate qualifications and can contribute to the process.
- Considers t the expertise of the board member in the articles to be sent to the board members for evaluation.
- His/Her decisions should be independent of the publisher and the magazine owner.
- He/She ensures that a fair process based on the principle of impartiality is operated in the evaluation of the articles submitted to the journal and that the evaluation is completed on time.
- He/She Pays attention to the protection of personal data regarding the subjects and images in the articles submitted to the journal. If individuals are used in the article, it evaluates the work if the necessary permissions are obtained (documented), otherwise rejects the article.
- He/She Protects the individual data of readers, reviewers, and authors.
- He/She Ensures the protection of human and animal rights in the case of human and animal experiments in the articles. In such studies, if the approval of the ethics committee and the necessary permissions are not documented, the article is rejected.
- He/She does not allow situations such as misconduct and abuse. In such a case, it will carry out the necessary prosecution.
- He/She protects the intellectual property rights of published articles, defends the rights of journals and authors in case of violation. It checks that the contents of the articles published in the journal do not infringe the intellectual property rights of other publications.
- He/She evaluates the criticisms about the articles that have been published, enables the authors to use the right to reply.
- In case studies contain negative results, he/she should also be considered and should not be ignored.
Ethical Principles for Authors
- In the evaluation of the article, he/she should make constructive comments based on courtesy and avoid derogatory comments.
- He/she should perform an objective evaluation and should not go beyond the scope of the study. Although closed review, that is, blind arbitration, should not allow matters such as religion, language, race, political opinion and commercial concern to affect the evaluation.
- he/she should complete the process based on impartiality and confidentiality.
- Before the article starts the review phase, if he/she detects a possible conflict of interest, he/she should not review the publication and should inform the editor.
- After evaluating the article, the document related to the article should be destroyed.
- He/sheshould refuse evaluation if the study falls outside his / her field of expertise.
- He / she should respond positively or negatively to the invitation for evaluation and conclude the article he / she accepts to evaluate in a timely manner.
Detection of a Situation Contrary to Ethical Principles
- When he/she sends an article to the journal for evaluation, he /she should not send the same publication to another journal simultaneously.
- He/ she should make sure that the article he will send to the journal is original.
- He/she should give the results of a research as a single article without compromising the integrity and quality of that research.
- If there is a conflict of interest, it should be reported to the editor.
- Regardless of the state of the article (evaluation, early edition, published), whenever an error is seen in the article, it should inform the editor to correct or withdraw it.
- In case of situations requiring data usage permission, research permission, ethics committee permission, participant approval in the article, the necessary documents and statements should be submitted.
- The articles should not include authors who are not contribute in the in studey, and should not make requests such as adding and removing authors during the evaluation process and publishing, and changing the order of the author.
- When information and raw data are requested, they should be provided to the editorial office.
- He/she should accurately cite the sources used in the article and do so within the ethical principles.
- In the articles that do not require the ethics committee approval, he/she should declare that this permission is not required, on the last page of the article and in the method section.
- The contributions of the authors of the article to the article should be written in an explanatory way in the part allocated in the article writing guide.
- It is expected that the author will not contact the journal editorial board within the average evaluation period specified by the editorial board and published on the website.
In the event that a situation contrary to ethical principles is noticed regarding the published or early edition articles of Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences, as well as the editor, reviewer and authors, information should be given to given e-mail address : email@example.com
OPEN ACCESS INFORMATION
Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences adopts the principle that presenting scientific researches free of charge to the public will increase the global sharing of information, and provides open access to the journal content.
All articles that have been reviewed and accepted are published online without any article submission and / or evaluation fee.
ARTICLE EVALUATION PROCESS
All research articles submitted to Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences are first evaluated by the journal secretariat in accordance with rules of journal and compliance with ethical rules. Articles that pass this first evaluation are forwarded to the relevant editor by the editor-in-chief and his/ her assistants. The article is sent to at least 3 reviewers experienced in the field by the relevant field editor. During evaluation stage, blind review process is preferred and both authors and reviewers are prevented from accessing each other's information through the article file.
After the article to be evaluated is sent to the reviewer, there is a 30-day evaluation period. Articles for which at least 3 reviewer's reports have been completed are forwarded to the authors under minor, major or rejection decisions.
Authors have a 30-day period for articles that require major or minor revisions. If Articles are not submitted at the end of this period, it will be rejected. After the required corrections are made by the reviewers, the articles are sent back to the relevant editor for evaluation. The field editor can send the article back to the reviewers if it is deemed necessery. As a result of the evaluation process, the final decision on the article is made by the Editor-in-Chief or editors, depending on the opinions of the reviewers and the editors. The average acceptance period of an article sent to the journal is 150 (± 90) days.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT
According to the general publishing principles of Pamukkale University Journal of Engineering Sciences, only those who contributed to the relevant study should be considered as authors. Authors are responsible for reporting all personal and financial relationships that may be a relevant to their study.
Financial relationships such as business, consultancy, shareholder, remunerationare very easily detectable conflicts of interest and are extremely likely to undermine the journal's reputation. In order to clarify the issue of conflict of interest, authors should clearly state whether there is any conflict of interest with a document prepared in the form of a letter to the editor along with their submitted articles
In case of any conflict of interest, the reviewers are responsible for the refusal of the review evaluation process. If the reviewers have any doubts about the conflict of interest, they should consult the editor regarding the evaluation process. To prevent conflict of interest, people working in the same institutions as article authors are not selected as referees.
Editors are responsible for managing the reviewer’s evaluation process of articles and have the right to reject the relevant article in case of any conflict of interest. Editors should not have any personal and / or financial conflict of interest with the articles they are assigned to. If editors are in the list of authors of a submitted article, they are excluded from the evaluation process of that article.
All articles submitted since January 2015 are checked using IThenticate® plagiarism detection software. In accordance with the similarity report produced by the software, the editorial board decides whether the article is sent to the reviewers or directly rejected.